Sunday, May 4, 2014

Keeping busy

Clare at the ROV tank
On Earth Day, I took the kids to a Lake Superior Celebration at the Great Lakes Research Center.  Matt's Robotics class was demonstrating their underwater robots (ROVs) and 3D printer.  The kids enjoyed seeing their daddy and his class.  Karl liked wandering around the boat house and Clare got a chance to drive one of the ROVs and see herself on camera.  The chocolate cake and lemonade went down pretty well too. 



We spent a day in Chassell recently so I could baste my quilt at my parents' house.  Clare helped Grandpa collect maple sap from his maple trees and both kids loved jumping on the tramp.  
Returning from sap collecting.
The first time Karl has liked the trampoline.
Playing in the sandbox.
Clare and Molly. They played together for almost 1.5 hours outside by themselves.
Running the last quarter mile to Grandma & Grandpa's.  It's become a tradition.  Molly always wins.  I drive slowly alongside in the van. 
The full size quilt for our bed, finally basted and ready to be quilted!  More pics on that later...

At home, the snow is finally melting and the weather is warm enough to go without mittens at least a couple days each week.  It is definitely the coldest spring that I can remember.


This little boy LOVES cars. 

1 comment:

HollyMarie said...

The quilt is beautiful Amy!!! Really stunning! What a Spring we've had. I hear the snow is finally gone up there; it disappeared here about 2 weeks prior. I love the tradition of running to Grandma's house... how cute. :)