Sunday, May 19, 2019

Art and Lambs

In their Easter baskets the kids got art supplies.  Nora and Lena got fingerpaints and love them.  Nora also got glitter glue, a novelty because glitter has been banned in our house for awhile.  Here's Lena working on one of her creations.  She's good for about 15 minutes and then the paint starts going everywhere but the paper.


Clare got a beginner's acrylic painting set.  She loves to paint and she's finally at the age where I can trust her with permanent paint - maybe.  Evidence of her last painting session remains on her shirt and on the nice bowl she used for her rinsing water.  She did have a lot of fun though.

The girls love their sidewalk chalk.  I'm so glad the previous owners put this concrete walkway in!  It keeps the girls busy where I can see them if I'm folding laundry.  Lena and Nora are both outside girls - they would spend most of the day outside if they could.  It will be a challenge this summer giving Lena enough outside time when there are certain things that moms just have to do in the house - like laundry and dinner prep and dishes.  I'll have to put the kids on Lena-sitting shifts every day.


Mixing a lovely dirt concoction in the playhouse.  This girl is SO good at pretending.  The way she plays with her dollhouse dolls and their furniture is so cute.  She is very independent too.  She'll play happily in the playhouse all by herself for quite awhile.


This spring we had 5 lambs born on our farm!  That brings our sheep total up to ten. We were supposed to butcher our wether (male sheep, but not a ram) in December but Pepper is the sweetest sheep in the flock, always coming up to be petted and rubbing his nose on your arm if you ignore him. So we've kept him around.

Four of our ewes had lambs and Midnight had twins, doubling our flock in just a few months.  Here is Blackie, a tiny little thing and our only black lamb.


Here's Pogo, a young ram.  He bounces around his stall like a pogo stick, it's pretty cute to watch.  This is an older picture; now he's growing little horns on his head.


The twins who were born during a full moon: Luna and Saturn.  Despite being told that Jupiter has more moons than Saturn, Clare thought Saturn was a better name for a lamb.  Luna is a girl and Saturn is a boy.


That's four, and I've already posted about Hwin, who is growing so big and fat that she blends in pretty well with the adult sheep.  We're hoping to sell a few lambs this summer, but it'll be hard to decide which ones.  As babies they're all so cute.

1 comment:

HollyMarie said...

Isn't it nice to be able to go out in (a little) less layers? I'm so glad Spring is here. Tell Clare good job on her painting from me. :) I wish I could hop on over to see your little lambs.