Monday, March 19, 2012

Winter storm away from home


Clare and I had an exciting drive down to TC in early March, trying to beat the 10-15 inches of snow that was forecast to arrive between 5 and 6 pm that evening.  For some reason, I didn't think to check the weather in that area before heading down; I naively figured that if the weather was okay in the UP, then it would be a fine drive.  Holly called while I was on the road to warn me of the impending storm, as the forecast kept getting worse as the day went on.  

Clare was an amazing little traveler considering I let her out only twice for about 10 minutes each time.  The roads were clear until we were about an hour away, then the snow began.  We arrived before the worst of the snow hit.  This photo was taken Friday evening before we went to bed; the snow had only been falling for several hours and already our cars were buried and touched by heavily laden tree branches. 


Photos compliments of Holly -- thanks!

No comments: