Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Overtired

Putting Clare to bed this evening was not fun.  It is one of those times as a parent when I realize that what my baby is suffering through is partly my fault.  Which of course makes it worse.

(I'm only posting this because so many people have said, "Does your baby ever cry?  She seems so happy, so content."  And she usually is, but here is evidence that she is not always that way.)

Between our recent trip to MN, and all the goings-on this week: church & dinner Sunday, playgroup at church Monday, and MOPS on Tuesday (all occurring during Clare's morning nap time) my little peanut has not been getting quality daytime sleep.  Today she napped for one hour max.  She spent her afternoon nap time playing in her crib and talking to herself.  Grrr. 

In hindsight, I should have put her to bed much earlier than her normal bedtime of 7, but I thought I was doing good with 6:30.  So my poor baby bawled in her crib, tossing, eye-rubbing...   I brought her downstairs thinking maybe her teeth were hurting her, but as soon as she saw Molly, she stopped crying and started pointing and laughing.  So... obviously she was not hurting!  Back to the crib and more crying, more eye-rubbing... poor girl.  Finally she fell asleep and though she cried for less than 30 minutes, it felt like an hour.  Tomorrow night she is going to bed much earlier!

1 comment:

HollyMarie said...

I know the feeling! Even Ezra at his age is sensitive to overstimulation during the day.