Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Little Peanut

Our little Peanut is growing so fast, she no longer seems like a baby.  She's starting to show more personality too.  At times she seems really mellow but then I catch a glimmer of sassiness that tells me I might be in for it as she gets older.  It's hard to believe that in just one and a half months she'll be one year old.  The day she was born is still so clear in my mind it could have been yesterday.

Here's what our babe has been up to lately:

* clapping her hands and expecting us to sing "Patty cake, patty cake"
* crawling after me as I move from room to room
* pulling herself up onto her knees (she can't quite get up on her feet yet)
* taking a few steps if we hold onto her hands
* banging the bars of her crib for fun
* loving sleeping on her tummy
* using signs to say "more", "all done", and "milk"
* popping two top front teeth that are just tiny dots of white right now
* rubbing off bits of carrot and pear with her bottom teeth
* loving strawberries, grapes and.... macaroni and cheese
* loving her stroller and walks outdoors
* loving bath time but not the hair washing part
* discovering that she can pinch things, namely my legs, arms, and belly
* snuggling in as we read stories... she likes to turn the pages herself
* "talking" all day long... if I record her now, could she someday tell me what she meant?  ;-)

It's just so easy to love our little sweetie.  She changes so much every day, I hope I can periodically record what she's doing before she moves onto new milestones. 

1 comment:

HollyMarie said...

Time does fly so quickly. Hard to believe she's almost a year old.... not to rush her last month and 1/2 of babyhood of course! ;)