Sunday, April 3, 2011

I thought I would feel this way when we got home...

...as our bags, totes, and miscellaneous "trip" stuff filled the living room and laundry overflowed the baskets.

Yet, being home after a long drive filled me with such peace that I was able to overlook most of it...

So we stepped around and over Clare's toys and our duffel bags today as we spent our time doing more important things than unpacking: teaching Sunday School, going to church, enjoying a ham dinner at my mom and dad's with siblings, in-laws and lots of little kiddos running around (M & D were babysitting a few extras for the weekend, making for a really full house!).

Tomorrow I can tackle the rest of the laundry and a little more house clean-up and maybe a few more posts about our trip.  For now, I'm heading to bed and I'm going to ignore the pile of clean laundry waiting to be folded on the couch. 

1 comment:

HollyMarie said...

LOL, love her expression! I agree, sometimes (well, a lot of times w/ kids and babies) you just need to step over the mess and ignore it. I'm doing a lot of that these days. :)