Maybe I shouldn't speak too soon... maybe Clare's cold is the cause of this, but...
She's actually starting to take regular, lengthy naps! I'm so excited about this because, for a period of about three weeks, she was NOT sleeping during the day time and was super cranky most of the day because of it. We went to MN to visit Grandma and Grandpa two weeks ago and she refused to let either of them hold her -- crying and fussing and not willing to settle down unless her mom or dad had her in their arms. She refused to sleep at all during the day unless one of us was holding her.
We went to a pool party on the Sunday after Matt's sister's wedding and she screamed and screamed when anyone else held her. Needless to say, I didn't enjoy myself as much as I would have... what's a pool party when you can barely sneak in 10 minutes to enjoy the water on a warm day?
So now I am so grateful to have several uninterrupted hours a day to get things done around the house (or in this case, write blog posts) when she's peacefully napping in her crib. And when she wakes up, she's so happy and cheerful she seems a different child than she was two weeks ago. Speaking of waking up, I'm sure she'll do that any time now so I'd better start hemming a pair of jeans while I've got the chance.
1 comment:
Awesome Amy! Travel can be hard on certain little ones; they just KNOW things are "not normal" and they will put their foot down any way they know how when they are sick of it.
Post a Comment