Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I love gardening. When I was living at my apartment, there was so much shade from the tall white pines that only impatiens would grow. Here we have a good mix of sun and shade, though our vegetables take up most of the sun spots. We recently got back from Minnesota and the garden was full of weeds again. They never grow that quickly when we're home, but as soon as we're away they spring up again.

I've been having fun with the camera all summer, taking shots of our flowers and vegetables. This post is heavy on pictures, but I'm so sporadic on this blog that I have to throw them all in while I'm thinking about it!

Astilbe

Purple Coneflower


Tomatoes!

Our potted geraniums that wilt away in winter and come alive in summer.

Phlox, given to me by Mom :-)

Bean plants, with our new fence in the background

Marigolds, a gift from a student :-)

Zucchini flower

Queen Anne's Lace

Sweet William

Blanket Flower (Gaillardia)

Catchfly with Matt's rock wall in background


Bellflower

1 comment:

HollyMarie said...

Amy, your flowers are so gorgeous! My flower garden needs some serious work... See you soon!