Sometimes I wonder how often the saints of God struggled with His commands or His teachings. I imagine that daily they turned consciously to Him and gave Him their ambitions, struggles, and failings. Through their weakness, He was able to present Himself strong.
Trusting in my own abilities to solve problems, I find myself failing. And although I know that I can only find true strength by admitting my weakness and looking to Christ, I don't always do this. I get busy. I forget. I know He works best when we are weakest but most times I don't want to be weak. He wants us to admit that we can do nothing of ourselves.
A new school year is approaching. My class is said to be a difficult one, academically and behaviorally. It's tough to admit weakness. It's tough to be so disciplined to daily ask the Lord for help. Yet He so willingly gives His strength, His wisdom, and His love, that it seems foolish if we don't ask.
As the days slip away before September 4, I need to remember: only by remaining connected to the Vine can we accomplish anything worthwhile.
2 comments:
Thanks Amy; I need to remember this too!
Hi Amy~
Read your post and I hope your school year is going well for you....Let me know what is going on with you.
Post a Comment