Friday, September 13, 2013

End of Summer

Apologies for the boring blog post titles and short little captions lately.  I want to throw some pictures up here but don't have time to be creative.

Fun in the sun...

Clare & Karl in the wading pool.
Playing at Ontonagon Twp. Park

Karl discovered that eating sand isn't that great.  (Ah, I just love that pudgy little boy!)

County Fair, end of August...

Clare loved feeding the goats and sheep in the petting zoo.


Clare went on five rides. We bought her four tickets on the dollar-a-ride day and then found an extra lying on the ground that someone must have dropped.


Picking beans
 Blueberry picking...

Clare didn't want to leave; she was having so much fun just eating all the berries.
Karl did great playing in the grass and eating halved blueberries until the mosquitos found him.

Hanging out at home....
Clare "reading" to Karl.

My happy little boy.  He's the smiley-est baby I've ever seen. 
Why have I been so busy lately?  I didn't even have any garden harvesting to do today.  Yesterday Clare & I dug up 4 buckets of potatoes.  More on that later.  Here's a quick look at our day today:

The Karl alarm went off at 6 a.m. so I took him downstairs and played with him and tried not to fall back asleep until Clare woke up around 7.  Fed the kids breakfast, sorted two loads of laundry, put Karl down for a nap, cleaned up the house a little but you'd never know it now, helped Clare with a "project" and read a couple library books that we had to return today, ate a snack, packed a snack for the kids, walked to the library after Karl woke up, checked out new books, walked home, ate lunch, put Karl down for a nap, took Clare outside to hang out the clean laundry, planted daffodil and bluebell bulbs, cut down some lilac branches that were blocking sun from my clothesline, made chalk drawings on slate with Clare, fed kids a snack (Clare ate an entire tomato like an apple), played outside, threw the ball for Molly, tried to keep Karl from eating rocks, took Clare on her tricycle down to meet Daddy who was biking home from work, ate dinner, read new library books, put kids to bed, cleaned up the kitchen, took the laundry off the line, folded it... whew.  And actually, I lied.. I didn't completely finish cleaning up the kitchen but this blog was calling and it was bugging me that I hadn't posted in so long.  And now, it's Date Night so... until next time.  :-) .

No comments: