Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome Little One


Karl Allen was born on December 14.  He weighed 9 pounds, 8 ounces and measured 19 and 1/2 inches long, although I think the length is a little on the short side. 


After a rather agonizing several months of waiting for him to be born, preparing for a VBAC and wondering if it was going to work (it didn't), our little boy is finally here!  I'm disappointed to have been so preoccupied with the birth itself, wondering how it was going to go, that I didn't have the time I would have liked to prepare for him actually being a part of our family.  I did all the physical things I was supposed to do: pick up diapers, diaper cream, get the cradle ready, dig out all the old burp cloths, etc, but I didn't get to enjoy dreaming about him being with us as much as I wanted to.  But he's here now and that's what matters. 

1 comment:

Aleena said...

Congrats! He is beautiful.