...or trying to, anyway.
Now that we finally have some cooler weather, seventies and low eighties, I can get Clare out in the bike trailer. I just have no interest in biking in hot weather. But she's learning to love her bike trailer because it brings her fun places, like the park and the beach.
Isn't this great? When you get to the beach at 10:30 a.m. on a weekday, you practically have it to yourself. After a picnic lunch, we're heading home by 1:00 for Clare's nap, which is when the high school girls come down to tan and the summer school enrichment programs bring their kids to swim. A good time to be getting out of there.
I was so proud of her this last time we were at the beach because she played in the water and even walked into it holding my hands. When a boat's waves drenched her from the waist down, she gasped, but then continued playing like it was no big deal. I really hope she loves water because I love water and I'm looking forward to teaching her how to swim.
No comments:
Post a Comment