Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Random bits of life

Molly isn't minding that I'm spending my days home with Clare. Here she is, crashed in the sunshine, while my former colleagues were attending a before-school workshop.

What to do with a million zucchini? Well, not that many, but there sure was an awful lot. After using a bunch of them fresh, giving a lot away, and shredding some for muffins later, I decided I'd try dehydrating them and adding them to stir-fries this winter. I hate buying zucchini full price in the winter when we're overwhelmed with them during the summer. I think they'll reconstitute okay, and in a stir fry the texture won't be very noticeable anyway.
While Clare was down to part-time harness wear, we could do so much more with her. She could enjoy swinging in the cute swing Grandma found at a garage sale (she always finds the best deals at garage sales).

She DID love her Bumbo chair (even though she doesn't look that happy in this picture). I can't remember exactly, but this might have been taken shortly after Molly came up and sniffed her over. Molly's dog breath is enough to make anyone wrinkle up their nose.

She also loved just lying on the floor and kicking. Can you believe that little shirt used to look like a dress on her? At some point I'll have to post some comparison pictures. Our little girl is growing so fast! I just noticed that in this picture I can see Grandpa K in her. There's a picture of my dad as a little boy with his hair looking exactly the same, high forehead, etc. Funny!

Our little dolly loves bath time! She's not splashing or anything yet, but she enjoys sitting in the warm water. Speaking of baths and warmth, we'll have to keep our house a lot warmer this winter for her. I'm kind of looking forward to that myself...
It's so hard to get smiling pics of Clare now! I just managed to grab this one by hiding the camera over my shoulder. She doesn't like the flash and has come to dislike the camera whether the flash is on or not. :(

2 comments:

HollyMarie said...

OOOOH, I love the bath picture. Her expression is just so sweet. The one in the bumbo is hilarious!

Claire said...

What a cutie!! I hope I get to see her in person sometime, too : )