Sunday, November 25, 2007

MIA

I know it's really been bugging some of you that I haven't written recently. Recently being a bit of an understatement. I think I can legitimately say that I've been in the process of some life changes which have taken up a lot of my time.

First of all, I switched grade levels at school from sixth to fourth grade. That requires a lot of extra prep time that I certainly am not used to! It feels almost like the first year of teaching again except that I DO have some time for my own interests.

Speaking of... one of these interests has very pleasantly occupied a lot of my time lately. Sorry, Holly, I don't have a pic of the ring except for what you might be able to see in one of these photos. Our wedding is March 8, and at times that seems very far away. Other times I don't know how I'll get everything done before then.




Another new-found hobby that has kept me busy recently is deer hunting. I went out with Matt for the first time since I was 12 or 13 and after a rather chilly day of sitting in the stand, shot my first doe. We went out again on Sunday but since our doe tag was used up, we focused only on bucks. The coolest thing was that as I was sitting there, a doe made a big loop around me and headed straight toward me. She stopped less than 10 yards away, uncertain as to what I was. She sniffed and I could see her nostrils twitch and the sun glisten on her back fur. She was beautiful and I was very glad I didn't have to shoot her.

So... to those of you who had about given up on me, here's your post. ;-)

3 comments:

Scott said...

Nice, Amy! :) Glad you got some pics of Matt up there, too! :D Laura and I aren't that great at keeping our blog up to date, either..... Ugghhh...March 8. I'd love ours to be 6 days earlier instead of the 14th...seems to be taking forever some days. But the planning is starting to pick up again...plus Christmas, so I think it might go faster now....

HollyMarie said...

She lives!!!!! WOOT! I was NOT NOT NOT expecting to see a post when I clicked on your link. lol. Okay, I'll stop razzing you now. At least you email! :)

misstl said...

Hey Amy....Matt is very cute. You two look great together. I'm so very happy for you. I'm sorry I have to miss out on the festivities. I have a blog also if you want to check it out. http://sterlaan.blogspot.com/